Eternity? No thanks.
The Others is one of those films that you never bother to buy on video/DVD because once you know the ending, watching the beginning is never as enjoyable. This was my epiphany of Wednesday the 12th January 2005. Don't get me wrong, it's a good film, but only the first time through.
It made me hope to God (ironic?) that there is no sort of after-life. Some people (myself included) find it hard to deal with the thought of an ending. An ending to existance. Maybe it's one of those trick question type things- "how can you be aware of something existance if you've never had an experience of it?" I guess that it's kinda the same, it's impossible to be aware of non existance. But then that raises the question of, why should it bother us? When we're dead we won't be aware of this so it won't cause any pain, not to us at least.
But eternity? How utterly boring would that be? However it was spent... in the same place but only as an entity, or some other holy place. Even if it was heaven with angels feeding you cheese spread all day, surely it'd get a bit boring after a while?
Meh... I don't really know what I'm going on about. I want a cup of tea.

1 Comments:
"It's impossible to be aware of non existance."
How does that compare with the state of being unaware of existence?
As, for example, when we're asleep.
Is the only difference the possibility of regaining awareness?
Mmm, I like cheese spread.
Post a Comment
<< Home