Sing a happy happy happy happy song
A list of things I am happy about/thankful for:
For "you-know-who"
(I'm sure things will be added as my life progresses between now and when I can't be bothered to blog anymore)
1. I know the benefits of being a geek. This, I believe, is something that everybody should have a sound understanding of. Geeks are a laugh. Actually, I feel bad for labelling this type of personality "geek".. but I can't think of a better word, so we shall stick with it for now. Yes, geeks are fun. This is because when you have a joke with a geek, it's funny on so many levels. An example of this is being in my physics class. We have jokes, and they're funny because they're humorous, intelligent, and most of all we laugh at ourselves just for the sheer fact we're sitting in a physics class out of choice. An example of this type of humour is The Simpsons. The Simpsons is a good example because it has 2 types of jokes: the kids jokes and the 'adults' jokes (I'm not sure where the apostrophe goes in that possession) (I also don't know how to spell apostrophe) (or possession) Anyway, yes the adults jokes are funny on a political and social level, yet they are often covered up by a superficial joke which the kids laugh at. Geeky jokes are just like this. Today, for example, the superficial joke in class was thanks to a section called "Instability of excited states". I'd love to give you an example of an intellectually funny joke, but I often don't get them. But let me assure you that when I do get them, they're more funny that the former kind.
2. Everyday before I go to work, bearing in mind I only work 1 or 2 days a week (I'm a student, not a bum..), I visit Tesco's to get some lunch/breakfast, and every time I go in, there's an uber hott guy working in there. Last week he was checking me out. This makes me happy.
3. "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." In reflection, this is true- however hard to believe when your heart has just been ripped to pieces. I am very lucky at my tender age of not-too-many-years to have experienced more than one type of love. Although, as I become more mature and realise I will never grow taller than 5 foot 3, I'm beginning to question whether a certain encounter was actually love. I think I spent 3 years confusing love with depedence. But this is a positive post, so I shan't gloat on that. (You fucking cunt, you know who you are...) Love is a miraculous emotion, and if you even have a slight inkling of the true stuff then count yourself lucky, even if it doesn't last forever. Because from what I'm learning about this thing called life, is that it's about experiencing as many different things as you possibly can. Pain being one of them. A stupid emo boy once said to me "To find true love is to find true sadness". He was talking shit. Love doesn't have to hurt. Love isn't about being hurt, it's just one of the downsides of it. Like when you take a tablet for flu, being drowsy is one of the downsides, but at least the flu stmptoms are less prominent. Although it's extremely cliche, every experience you have will make you a stronger person inside and will prepare you for the ultimate shit that will eventually kill you.
/will be added to at a later date when sleep monsters are not dragging me away from my computer...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home