Don't make me mad, fool
Last night I was flicking through some random blogs and came across this http://right-or-wrong.blogspot.com/2005/01/planning-ruins-english-towns.html#comments post. And it pissed me right off. It's people like that which really... fuck me off. I can't put it any other way. They just fuck me off. People are forever complaining about the government and how they fail to do anything with 100% accuracy. What the hell do you expect? There's never going to be "enough" money for education, hospitals and the like. And even if there was you'd still find some other bullshit to complain about- like the fact that you're not lulled to sleep in your hospital bed by Cliff fucking Richard.
Britain is one of the wealthiest places to live (even if you do happen to live up North) and has one of the highest qualities of living in the world. Yet countless amounts of people still spend the majority of their time complaining that it isn't good enough. They want lower taxes, yet they want a better health system. What do I say to you people? Fuck off.
Particularly at a time when something incredibly more important is going on. For those of you that have been living in a box for the last week, there was an incredibly devastating natural disaster. Over 100,000 people have already died and no doubt the end death toll will reach near to quater of a million. It's going to take a whole generation to rebuild what has been destroyed. You really have no idea how lucky you are.
Another reason I'm so mad is because we have this "thing" at work (usually only at Christmas, but it's been extended due to said disaster) where we ask all of our customers to round up their subtotal to the next whole pound and the extra money (which is usually only about 5 pence) goes to unicef charity. You'd be incredibly suprised at the amount of people that say 'no'. And considering that 95% of our cutomers are upper-middle-classed ponses, I can't believe it. My favourite excuse I get is "Oh, no I've already given some money for that". So? Does that mean you can't afford another 10 pence?
For anybody who is reading this, and hasn't already given a donation to the tsunami disaster fund. Please do.
http://www.dec.org.uk/
If you were in the same position, wouldn't it be comforting to think that a stranger, thousands of miles away, cared enough to save your life?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home