Sunday, January 02, 2005

Annie Waits

I really thought I was out of my pubescent I-dont-know-who-I-am-phase, but apparently I'm not. Recently I've been finding myself comparing myself to others a lot, and I always end up wishing I was a little bit more like someone else- a little skinnier, a bit more trendy, a bit more confident and flirty. But the thing is, I'm only ever wishing for the superficial qualities, and it's kind of disturbing. I want to have the little bits of everyone that makes them wanted. It takes no in-depth psycho analysis to realise that I feel like this because I don't feel particularly wanted at the moment by anyone. Actually, that isn't true- I do have some very good friends that I know love me for who I am (faults and all), but I'm yerning to be someones everything- someone's ideal. Give me someones mind to consume.
The fact that I'm feeling like this makes me feel pathetic- it's pathetic that I constantly need someone in my life to fill this void. And if there happens to be no one in my life to fit this despcription then I'm falling distantly in love with someone I don't know well enough to realise that they're anything like this.

I've been picking my gums again today. All 4 of my wisdom teeth are coming through at the same time. Is that a sign? A sign, I'm incredibly wise, or that the teething Gods are punishing me for not brushing my teeth between the ages of 8 and 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home