Thursday, January 06, 2005

FUTURAMA?! You guys are deluded. Futurama is just a second-rate Simpsons. It doesn't even come close. Although as far as cartoon characters go, the guy in it is pretty hott. mmm hottness. Anywho, I would like an example of where a Fturama joke is funnier than a Simpsons joke. The best Simpsons joke I've seen for a long time was the one where Apu's wife is pregnant and she asks him if he finds her attractive still, to which he replies "of course I do dear....... you're soft, silky and manageable"
"Are you reading that off a shampoo bottle?"
BAHAHAHAHA. It get's me every time.
And while we're on the topic of good jokes- this one got me through a whole 9 hour shift at work. Perhaps this shows my immaturity.

Why did the baker have brown hands?




He kneaded a poo.

It's funny for 3 reasons;
the double meaning of the word kneaded/needed (which is perhaps why its' funnier to hear rather than read), everyone knows bakers don't poo, and because the baker touched a poo. haha. joke's on him.

"You mentioned that life is about feeling as many things as you can. I used to think that, now I’m not sure what life is about. Sometimes I’m worried that there isn’t a point, other times everything seems filled with purpose."
Yeah, I have to agree that there isn't as such any real purpose of life. I don't believe that we were "put" here for any reason. We are just an accident. But since we're here and have the brain capacity to ponder such things, we may aswell experience everything we possibly can. Because other than that, there isn't really anything else to do is there? We could, like most people, carrying on with our mundane lives and not question anything, but these are the people who are at the top of my "to get" list for when I get a gun.

p.s. Sleep monsters start their rounds at 9pm. Naughty people are gotten first. ^_^

Ya, I posted this as a post rather than a comment because I didn't really have anything interesting to say....

In other news, I just watched this program on TV which I think was called "Women who leave Britain to live in Australia and consequently break up with their boyfriends whilst turning a leathery-orange colour at the same time." and it inspired me. I have decided I am going to spend my gap year in Australia planting trees or some shit and generally pretending to be a good person participating in selfless acts of environmental preservation but actually (hopefully) having a laugh.
I am (partly) joking of course. I do want to contribute to environmental causes, and I am a self-proclaimed tree hugger (sometimes) and I like nature. And my entire reason for taking a gap year, and stupidly not applying to uni this year "woo for top-up fees", is because I need to grow up and grow some balls, as it were. Not literally, of course. Boys smell.
So I guess sending me to the other side of the world where I will know no one and nowhere, should be a bit of a boot up the ass in the general direction of maturity.

My hard drive contraption type thing is making really loud 'whirring' type noises, is this normal?

2 Comments:

Blogger onlyme said...

But they're the obvious kind of jokes, that you can see coming a mile off. And they're overused. Like someone is saying something profound and epithany-like, and the whole mood is brought down by a single comment which is supposed to be hilarious. But it's not, because it's so blatently coming. And I'm sure there's proper name for that type of humour, but I can't think of it right now.

It's late and I need to sleep...

Where is this assignment I promised you'd post?

11:11 pm  
Blogger onlyme said...

Maybe you don't get the jokes.

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home