Monday, January 10, 2005

Hands up who wants to die

I'm going to have a crazy tree hugging rant for the next few minutes. If you're a fat greedy American you might want to turn a blind eye. After all, you're good at that kind of thing.

I was just watching a documentary type thing about Americans and their fat cars and how stupid they are. They interviewed this one DJ type loser, called MC Phat Cat (might wanna lose the p in that, pie face). And he was going on about how his Cadallac was super cool because it consumed so much oil. Which of course must mean it's good. Shut up, fatty. The reason he's so fucking fat is because he's sitting on his car in the middle of the day drinking beer. Maybe he should try moving his fat ass to somewhere other than Macdonalds and he might lose enough weight to be able to see his own dick.
When asked what he thinks about global warming, one of his other fat friends smoking some loser shit butted in to say "It's already too late. We might aswell just carry on as we are." To which MC FatAss added, "Yeah, then they charge us money to go see a movie about how we're gonna die in the future. In some ice age or sum't". [Presumably talking about The Day After Tomorrow.] Fucking cunts. I seriously wonder if some people have some sort of stupid-barrier in front of any logical part of their brain.
Americans own over 200 million cars. That's 40% of the world's cars in one nation. Another woman they interviewed had 3 SUV's. To (roughly) quote her "Our nephew just turned 16, and his dad recently died, so we bought him an SUV for his 16th birthday". I don't believe I've ever seen anyone more correctly demonstate how materialistic the Western world can be. One of these cars had a climate control system in it to adequately air condition a 1500 square foot house.
IN A CAR.
DO YOU REALLY NEED THAT?!

Even the chairman of an oil company said "There are a few scientists who believe that global warming is nothing to worry about". His argument was that some scientists had told him that global warming might actually be a good thing. That plant life thrives on Co2, and outputs will increase. But that wasn't the only good thing! The only increase in temperatures will be experienced in the Sahara desert and other similar places. You're a fuckwit. Firstly, there's already FIRM evidence which shows that temperatures are rising NOW. And not in the desert. Here. Secondly, how much did you pay that scientist to say that? Thirdly, you don't deserve to be called a scientist, only a fuck face.

In the last 80 years, the fuel efficiency of Ford vehicles has decreased by more than a half. What happened to development? By far my favourite quote was from this butt-ugly loser who wanted to say "C'mon Bush, we own Iraq, why are we still paying $3 a gallon, give it to me for 10 cents!" That was because his new SUV losercar only got about 4 miles to the gallon.

I could quite easily shoot these people in the face and feel no guilt at all.

Fucking fucks. This makes me mad to no end. Maybe it's because I've grown up without any sort of vehicle, but I have no dependence on motor vehicles what so ever. I bike everywhere. And do you know what? I'm not fat either. Coincidence? Probably not.

The USA is the most polluting country in the world. And what with Bush's (arrogant) refusal to sign the Kyoto agreement, the planets future isn't looking good. Actually, it's looking bad. And worse than that. This isn't even just a rant, it's something that is hugely personal to me. I believe incredibly strongly in the Christian idea of stewardship (minus all the God stuff, I'm not Christian). The planet is not ours to exploit, or use in any way we want to. It makes me sad to think that my generation is the last that will enjoy the planet in any sort of state that is pleasurable. And my view goes as far as to make me promise to myself I won't have children, because I honestly don't think it's fair to bring people into a world which is in such as mess as this one is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I hope you break that promise to yourself, because there's plenty of pleasure to be had yet.

Yes, there probably is global warming.

Yes, the warming probably has adverse effects.

But we can adapt to the changes, and I don't see they portend the end of the planet.

In any case, trying to stop climate change is largely futile - even if Kyoto were fully implemented, it would delay the expected 2094 temperature by six years to 2100. Added to which there is research suggesting the main culprit is not Man but the Sun.

Personally I'd forget about butt ugly Americans in fat cars - or I might if you didn't write so vividly - and leave them to their pleasure.

Look on the bright side: the world's population is stabilising; poverty is reducing in most places outside Africa; democracy is spreading; and concern for the natural world is growing.

Find what you like doing in life, do it well, and have some fun!

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home