Wednesday, April 06, 2005

2 blogs in 2 days... I'm getting good

This morning I spent a whole hour dancing around my living room to Snuzz and the Wallflowers like a 13 year old who had overdosed on E numbers. It felt great.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning out my room and throwing out all the junk I've accumulated over the years. I didn't really want to do it, but a spider went under my bed so I had to go in to hoover him up. I have to spend 2 months in the Indonesian rainforest- how am I going to cope? But anywho, it feels nice not to have so much rubbish in my room. And I found at least 10p in coppers under my matress. Score. Only £2389.90 to go!

I'm feeling genuinely excited about my travels next year. For someone who has never left Europe and never been on a plane before- going to Indonesia by myself, and then travelling down to Australia by myself is a big step. A scary step. But I think it's what I need. Mum thinks I won't come back (even though Australia's strict immigration laws will make me) and will never end up going to uni. Meh. Perhaps I won't. Is that so bad? I don't have any genuine desire for a career anyway. But I'll tell you what does rock. Finding old compilation tapes and minidiscs when I was cleaning out my room and remembering HOW COOL THE NINETIES WERE!! Spice Girls rock my world. I always wanted to be Scary Spice when I was 10. She was way cool. And then I was listening to the radio and they played Hollar, which was a newer Spice Girls song and it totally rocked my eyeballs off. Music makes me happy.

"Oooooh you don't know what it is you've done, oooooooh just to show that you're having fun" I think this is Eagle Eye Cherry, but I don't care beacuse I'm loving it.

Of all my resolutions from yesterday I have commited the following sins:
-I drank a hot chocolate
-I ate some cookies
-I got a bus into town
-I watched The OC and spent that hour swooning over Adam Brody

I think the last one is going to be the hardest to stop doing. He's such a hottie. And he likes Ben Folds Five. Which, of course, is the most important criteria to meet when looking for a love object.
But I have resisted the urge to smoke. So I feel proud of myself on that point. But they are sitting within inches of me and calling, calling my name with their sweetly disgusting but comforting smokey breath.


"I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want. I really really really want a zigga zigga ahhh"

I'm the coolest 17 year old I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home